- Modern slavery,
- Global Issue,
- Vulnerable Populations
Copyright (c) 2023 Revalio Budiani, Emy Rosnawati
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This study investigates the evolution of research concerning modern slavery, elucidating its diverse manifestations encompassing human trafficking, debt bondage, forced marriages, and exploitation across industries. The analysis underscores a deficiency in comprehensive synthesis and actionable insights within existing literature. Focused on delineating actionable pathways, this research endeavors to rectify this gap by offering specific recommendations to combat modern slavery effectively. By identifying patterns and lacunae in existing research, this study emphasizes the urgent need for comprehensive interventions to safeguard the rights of the vulnerable and mitigate this pervasive global issue.
- Diverse Manifestations: Modern slavery encompasses varied forms like human trafficking, forced marriages, and industry exploitation.
- Lack of Synthesis: Existing research lacks comprehensive analysis and actionable recommendations.
- Urgent Interventions: Emphasizes the critical need for immediate, targeted actions to protect vulnerable groups and combat modern slavery globally.
Keywords: Modern Slavery, Exploitation, Global Issue, Intervention, Vulnerable Populations
- International Labour Office and F. Walk, Global Estimates of Modern Slavery: Forced Labour and Forced Marriage. International Labour Office, 2022.
- W. Avis, “Key Drivers of Modern Slavery”, 2020.
- I. Prisnasari, “Modern Slavery pada Anak Buah Kapal (ABK) Perikanan dalam Perspektif Hak Asasi Manusia,” Jurist-diction, vol. 2, no. 2, p. 475, Jul. 2019,
- H. A. R. Shah and B. M. M. Hasan, “Modern Slavery and Forced Labour: An Overview of International Law, the Malaysian Law and Islamic Law Perspectives,” vol. 21, no. 2, 2021.
- R. Weitzer, “And HummoAdnetrrnafsFliacveinryg”. 2019.
- “Modern Slavery: The Concepts and Their Practical Implications.” Koninklijke Brill NV.
- V. Mantouvalou, “The UK Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Three Years On: The UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 Three Years On,” Mod. Law Rev., vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 1017–1045, Nov. 2018,
- S. Rioux, G. LeBaron, and P. J. Verovšek, “Capitalism and Unfree Labor: A Review of Marxist Perspectives on Modern Slavery,” Rev. Int. Polit. Econ., vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 709–731, May 2020,
- K. Frank, “Testing a Theory of Modern Slavery,” Understanding Global Slavery, 2006.
- A. Crane, “Modern Slavery as a Management Practice: Exploring the Conditions and Capabilities for Human Exploitation,” Acad. Manage. Rev., vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 49–69, Jan. 2013,